Representing your interests
At IPSE we don’t just support our members with sickness cover, tax advice and all our other benefits; we also represent you.
We are the leading voice for our 68,000 members and for all of the UK’s 4.8 million self-employed people. We represent your interests in government, using clear, evidence-based arguments to influence policy and get a better deal for self-employed people across the UK.
We’ve had some high-profile successes over the years, from pushing the government to back down over increased taxes for the self-employed, to getting the last government to adopt many of our 2015 manifesto policies.
And the future looks even more exciting. Take a look at www.ipse.co.uk to find out about all our latest work.
The IPSE Manifesto
IPSE's 2017 manifesto, 'A Contract with the Self-Employed', not only addresses key questions on taxation and potential regulation, but also offers a full set of practical policies the government should deliver to support the self-employed.
- Introducing a statutory definition of self-employment to clear the confusion in the gig economy and protect legitimate freelancers
- Reviewing the tax system for the self-employed to ensure fairness and efficiency
- Providing fair parental benefits for self-employed mothers and fathers
- Controlling the damage caused by the changes to IR35 in the public sector and committing not to introduce similar measures in the private sector
- Developing a proper pensions solution for the self-employed
- Changing the tax treatment of training to encourage development and career progression
The IPSE Manifesto 2017
"IPSE is an invaluable resource for freelancers of all kinds. When you’re self-employed, it’s great to have that strong network behind you to support your business, fight for your freelance rights, and give you advice – whatever stage you’re at."
Freelancer of the Year 2016
"I am extremely pleased with the service provided by IPSE. I would definitely recommend it because it provides all the support and cover to protect you as a freelancer."
Joining IPSE as an Uber Partner Driver couldn’t be easier. As an Uber Partner Driver you are automatically represented by IPSE as an Affiliate Member. To get access to all of the benefits that membership to IPSE provides, join today by using your Uber log in details.